Mission

I got this message from one of my companions from serving a mission in Brazil. He got it from one of the people we taught. I love his testimony. The translation is below:

Spear sou um rapaz de 5 irmãos que voçê e E. Stones batizaram em 1996 na ala de Parque Albano. Lembro muito de voçês e sou grato por voçês terem me ensinado o evangelho. Eu fiz missão de tempo integral aqui no Brasil no ano de 2002-2004. Casei-me no templo em 2005 e tenho uma família muito linda. Hoje eu sirvo no bispado de minha ala e estamos crescendo muito. Espero mais notícias de voçê e sua família. Estou bem feliz em ter lhe enconcontrado. Como voçê está? Quando vem a Fortaleza? Voçê lembra de mim? Obrigado por seu trabalho aqui no Brasil, sei que voçê e Stones foram guiados por Deus para nos encontrarem. Na época de meu Batismo eu tinha 14 anos. Hoje eu tenho 28 anos e sou muito grato por aquela época. Espero que sempre sejamos amigos agora. Cristo vive! E este evangelho é de luz e verdade. Joseph Smith foi realmente um Profeta de Deus.

Translation:
Spear, I am a young man of 5 brothers that you and E. Stones baptized in 1996 in the Parque Albano ward. I remember you two very well and am grateful that you taught me the gospel. I served a fulltime mission here in Brazil from 2002-2004, got married in the temple in 2005 and have a beautiful family. Today I’m serving in the bishopric in my ward and it’s growing a lot. I hope to get more news of you and your family. I am happy to have found you. How are you? When are you coming to Fortaleza? Do you remember me? Thank you for your work in Brazil, I know that you and E. Stones were guided by God to find us. When I was baptized I was 14 years old. Today I am 28 years old and very grateful for that time. I hope that we can always be friends. Christ lives! And this gospel is the light and truth. Joseph Smith really was a prophet of God.

1 comment:

erica said...

thanks for sharing that Mat. You're a good man and I'm glad to call you my brother.