Music Tuesday - Hip-hop beats

A Plan B song called Missing Link feat. Radiohead says "why is it that everyone who does drugs thinks they knows everything there is to know about life already?" Is this true? Do they know more about life than people who aren't addicts or experimenters? Is their knowledge something to be proud of?

I like the hip-hop beats of El-P, but I hate it that he swears so much.

I like the scratch-hop of Mix Master Mike, but it tends to get a little stale.

There needs to be more funky, real, hip-hop beats with scratching and grinding guitar: Roots, B-boys, Nerd, Fatboy at one point.

I don’t really identify with the lyrically illustrated lifestyle of hardcore thug rap, nor do I need some ego punk telling me why he is so much better. But I really like the beats.

Seeqpod is good for making a quick long playlist for the day of new artists to try out.

No comments: