Music Tuesday - Audacity

Bands of the week: Muse, The Raconteurs, Switches and the Aliens. You can check them out on Seeqpod.com.

There are usually three things going on in the back of my mind's stage while I listen to music: 1) mentally, I'm getting down like Michael Jackson on cold pavement with my accompanying zombies and ghouls, 2) I'm mountain biking downhill through trees like Luke on Endor, 3) I'm lounging into a deep seat at a shady cafe, sipping hot cocoa with a swirl of cream on top, not paying attention to the designs of the rising smoke from other invisible listener's cigarettes, mildly bobbing my sun-glassed head in synch with the tune.

Then, out of left field comes a swear word like a piano falling on the stage from the cat walks. The music keeps going, but the stage is cleared. I seem naive to let a single swear word ruin a song. Swearing is a different topic of debate.

So, I export the song into Audacity, find the swear word, take a sample from some other place in the song and paste it over the swear word. Audacity is an open source music editor that keeps the back of the stage jamming.

No comments: